Saturday, November 14, 2015

He or She... what will Baby Dent be?!?!

Question: Heartbeat?
Myth: 140+ indicates a girl, and below 140 is a boy.
Answer: First ultrasound was heartbeat was 176, and second ultrasound, it was 157... GIRL

Question: Draino test?
Myth: Pee in a cup and mix a tablespoon of Draino in it and wait for it to change colors, if it turns green, it's a girl, and if it turns blue, it's a boy.
Answer: Mine didn't change colors

Question: Chinese Gender Predictor?
Myth: Based on your age at conception and month of conception, an ancient Chinese gender predictor will tell you if you are having a boy or girl.
Answer: Says... GIRL

Question: Morning sickness?
Myth: Being extremely sick means you're having a girl... little to no sickness means it's a boy.
Answer: I was nauseous for most of the first trimester, but no vomiting and I've felt great since then... BOY

Question: Even/Odd Mayan test?
Myth: They say the Mayans determined gender by looking at the mother's age at conception and the year. If both are even or odd, you are having a girl, but if one is odd and one is even, it's a boy.
Answer: I conceived at age 23 in the year 2015... GIRL

Question: Ring test?
Myth: Tie your wedding ring to the end of a string and hold it over your belly, if it moves in a circle, it's a girl, back and forth is a boy.
Answer: Went around and around in a circle... GIRL

Question: Carrying high or low?
Myth: Carrying high is girl, and carrying low is boy.
Answer: Hayley says she thinks high... GIRL (or maybe she just knows that carrying high means girl and she wants it to be a girl?? :) )

Question: Legs more or less hairy?
Myth: Boys make their momma's legs hairier because of the high testosterone.
Answer: Less hairy... I can now go 2 weeks without shaving my legs (#winning)... GIRL

Question: Husband gaining or losing weight?
Myth: Husband gaining weight means boy, and losing weight means girl.
Answer: He says lost, and I've heard people ask him if he's lost... GIRL

Question: Skin?
Myth: Baby boys make their mommy's skin dry while baby girls give you smooth skin.
Answer: A couple of weeks ago, my skin was extremely dry... BOY

Question: Cravings?
Myth: Boys make their momma's want salty/sour foods, and girls make the momma crave sweets/fruit.
Answer: No real strong cravings... I just eat whatever I order or fix because chances are once the food is ready, I've changed my mind on what I wanted. Only thing I always want is fruit, specifically oranges... GIRL

Question: Mood swings/emotional?
Myth: Girls make their mommas moodier during pregnancy.
Answer: TD can look at me wrong and I will cry these days... GIRL


Majority of these say girl, but I have to constantly remind myself that there is no scientific proof behind any of these. We will find out in less than 2 weeks, and we are SO anxious! I know my husband is going to be the best daddy to our baby, but I think he would make the sweetest girl daddy, so I'm not so secretly hoping for a girl, but I would be thrilled to be the momma of the sweetest baby boy... who better love me like Hayes Grier loves his momma as a 15 year old! And yes, I ugly cried that episode of DWTS.

I have 2 other blog posts that I've started, but not finished (this one was started like a month ago), so chances are, next time I post, we will know what this sweet little bundle of joy is and the post will be a gender reveal!!

Baseballs or bows??


1 comment:

  1. I was sick up until the day I had Karter. I threw up...... every singlle.....day. LOL But wasn't sick with the girls. That's how I knew Sophie was a girl.

    ReplyDelete