Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Too Early?

I struggled with finding the answer to "how early is too early?" for several weeks. On August 14, I found out that I was finally pregnant and I wanted everyone to know. I told my husband immediately (it was his birthday... I don't think all the money in the world could have bought a better present this year), and we told our families and close friends 2 days later. We had been trying for the past ten months, everyone around us knew it, so we felt that it was only fair that they knew our good news as soon as possible. Of course, we wanted EVERYONE to know (via social media), so I of course turned to Google to find out how soon was too soon. Every answer I read basically said "there is no right or wrong time; just whatever is right for your family"... but there were always more reasons to wait than reasons to go ahead and announce. So I am putting this out there, so hopefully when a woman who has been trying to get pregnant for months and months and months finally gets pregnant and she googles "how soon is too soon?" or "is 6 weeks too early to announce pregnancy?", she will find this, and she will see the good about possibly telling the world "too soon". So this is why we decided at 5 weeks that we would tell our families and close friends... and why at 6 weeks and 4 days that we would announce our pregnancy on social media:

  • I am pregnant! There is a teeny tiny baby (who was the size of a sesame seed when we told the people closest to us and who was between the size of a lentil and a blueberry when we announced on Facebook) growing inside of me, and that alone deserves to be shouted from the rooftops.
  • I am bloated... most days I'm already too fat for my skinny jeans, and if you see me out and notice this, I don't deserve to have you pass judgement on me for it.
  • This pregnancy happened. No matter what happens from now until April, this is my first pregnancy and I will refuse to pretend like it's not.
  • We have prayed for this pregnancy and this baby for almost a year. We have had family and friends pray for us and this baby. God deserves the glory for blessing us with this baby regardless of what will happen in the future.
  • We believe in the power of prayer, and the more people that know, the more people we have praying for us.
We did have our first ultrasound today, and we saw the sweetest flicker of a heartbeat that I could ever imagine. Baby Dent was wiggling all around and my heart could explode with love for this sweet baby that is only a little over 2 centimeters long. Everything looked good, and the heart beat was 176.

Please continue to pray for a healthy pregnancy.


2 comments:

  1. We are so happy for you! I'm praying for a healthy pregnancy and baby. ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you daily! Shout it to the world!

    ReplyDelete