Monday, September 22, 2014

A Little Bit of Everything


  • Alabama vs. West Virginia
August 30th, we went to the Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game... Alabama vs. West Virginia. We had a great time, and Alabama won... roll tide!


This was on the way. We stopped at Chick-fil-A in Montgomery for breakfast. Of course, TD didn't want to wait until then to eat, but I won that battle... Chick-fil-A is always worth the wait!

The Andalusia vs. UMS game was the night before in Mobile, so we got home late, and got up early to go to Atlanta; I was exhausted! TD is used to functioning on little sleep... the boy wakes up at like 4:45 to go run most mornings during the week, and he is always at school at like 6:30 except on Friday because the team eats breakfast, but hello... school doesn't start until 8:00?!?! Whatever... to each their own. Anyways, I was practically falling asleep during the game. During every time out, I would try to lay my head on his shoulder to take a "quick nap"... that didn't work out.

This is on the Marta after the game... we were basically Marta pros after this.
  • Circus
A few weeks ago, we took Cruise Johnson to the circus... he had talked about it the week before, and Hannah had a doctor's appointment that day, Matt had to teach RAs at church, so we volunteered as tribute. Just kidding- I've never even seen that movie or read the book, and we wanted to take him. If you have never been to a Covington County circus, you are not missing out, but Cruise loved it!


We decided this night that we are going to start a circus... you take "free tickets" to the local schools for kids 14 and under (2 per adult), then the adults have to pay $15 each. It's a million dollar idea!

His $10 sword... Matt sent $20 with him; he spent $7 on food (we went to Dairy Queen before, but he wanted "circus food"), $10 on a sword, $2 on a coloring book, and $1 on peanuts... and he doesn't like to color and he doesn't eat peanuts. 

Now for the good stuff...
This girl is hanging upside down by her feet, and if you look closely (close to the middle- where the other end of the rope is going), you will notice that 3 men are holding the rope. If they accidentally let go of that rope, she is done.

Cruise was so excited to see animals, he just knew that they would have elephants because they had peanuts, and elephants like peanuts. Well, they didn't have elephants, but they did have...
Dogs. Dogs that did tricks like jump over hurdles and roll over. Seriously, it was a joke.
  • Angels Walking
My parents (mostly my momma... Bob doesn't know what I'm getting until I open it) gave me a Kindle for my birthday. So last week, I asked TD what book I should buy to read. I used to read all the time, and I really wanted to start back. He said something along the lines of "you really think I know a good book to read?" so I asked my Facebook friends, and I got so many good ideas for books to read! I had several people suggest Karen Kingsbury, and one specifically suggest her Angels Walking series, she said the first book of the series was about a baseball player. I researched all of the books suggested, and the first book of the Angels Walking series was about a former baseball player named Tyler... oh my gosh! It was a given... I had to read it first! I started reading it Wednesday, and finished it Sunday (last night). The plan was to read two or three chapters a night, but I should have known better! I couldn't put it down! I was in tears; I can't give a summary because I basically tell everything that happens... but read it! If you have a Kindle, and can tell me how I can let you "borrow" it, tell me and I will! It was so so good! I can't wait to read more of her books.

  • Andalusia football
This was after the Trinity game, our only win.

Yes, we are 1-4. Yes, it is discouraging. Yes, we have played good teams. Yes, we fully intend to win the rest of our games. Coaching, in my opinion, is the riskiest career... like ever. You have no control what-so-ever of your "success" in the eye of the public. Your team loses, you are a bad coach; your team wins, you are a good coach. People don't realize that you can lose and still be a good coach. Coaching is the only career where your "success" is measured by how 11 teenage boys decide to play that night. "And that's all I've got to say about that."

Oh yeah... Go Bulldogs!



No comments:

Post a Comment